Sunday 29 June 2014

“I want my hand back”


 

Ms. Ma Zin Mar Htwe is just 14 years old. She has just worked for only 5 days, due to the financial difficulty of her family. Her hand was cut off on May 2, 2014 while working at a Steel lunchbox factory located in Mandalay industrial zone near the crossroad of Kanaung Minthar road and Phoyazar road. She said that it’s mainly because she was not familiar with the machines yet. Still, it’s not very clear why the factory has hired an underage girl.

Ma Zin Mar Htwe is in the hospital under intensive care now. The factory has visited to the hospital for once and let his manager named Chit Ko to take care of her. In the meantime, her parents are worried about her future. The father said, “I almost cry whenever I see other children playing happily.”

When asked what she needs right now, Ma Zin Mar Htwe sadly said, “I want my hand back.”

(Source : Thein Aung Myint Facebook)

0 comments: